A payment received can be assigned to multiple line items across the family or applied to a dedicated single line item. To apply a single payment to multiple line items refer to the article Paying Multiple Line Items with a Single Payment
TO PAY A LINE ITEM
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available
2. Click on the student Finance ($) icon
3. Find the Line Item you wish to pay and click the Add a Payment icon. NB: If your school was migrated from LINC-ED, the reference number in brackets relates to the original LINC-ED invoice number.
4. Complete all fields.
- Amount (mandatory) - must be positive
- Payment Method (mandatory) - click the required payment method button
- Paid by (optional) - all caregivers who have finance access will be displayed as buttons for quick entry. Click the button to fill the Paid by field with that name. You can also type a different name in the Paid by field if necessary i.e. grandparent. This field will display on a receipt.
- Comment (optional) - further relevant info
- Date (mandatory) - date of the payment
5. Click SAVE to create the payment.
6. A resulting Payment transaction will be created. This will be used to form the basis of your posting reports.
Article is closed for comments.