The Personal Learning Plan feature enables teachers to write personalised student goals under headings determined by the school.
Personal Learning Plan goals are specific to individual students and sit outside the sets of curriculum or values goals. These goals can have posts and evidence linked to them and can be made visible to parents but will not generate data.
TO SET PERSONAL LEARNING PLAN GOALS FOR A STUDENT
1. Navigate to the student profile and click on their pop up menu
2. Select NEXT STEPS
3. Click PLP
4. Select the heading you would like the goal to sit under.
Note: The headings are set by a software administrator.
For more information on a setting Personalised Learning Plan goal headings see the article Setting up Personal Learning Plan Goal Headings
5. Click ADD A NEW GOAL
6. Select a goal subcategory (optional) and write the content of the goal then click SAVE GOAL
7. The goal will become visible under the subcategory heading. Click on the goal to update it.
White - Not yet being worked on
Buff - Currently being worked on
Green - Completed
8. Your profile photo will appear in the top left-hand corner of the goal. If a goal is clicked to completed in error, it can be clicked again to return it to white (not currently being worked on) or clicked a second time to return it to buff (currently being worked on)
9. You are able to make changes to the subcategory or wording of your goal by clicking EDIT
10. If your school has chosen to turn on the Add current goals as tags setting in the setup of a page, teachers and students with access to this page can link a post to the goal
For more information on adding evidence to posts, see the article Writing a post.
11. Where supporting evidence has been uploaded for a goal, this will display with a green indicator. You can click on the EVIDENCE indicator to view the post with the evidence.
12. If the Enable Goal Setting option has been turned on in the Administration menu> Basic Options page, students will see Personal Learning Plan Goals when they log into the Hero student app.
13. If the setting Students can create their own Personal Learning Plan goals is turned on, students will have the ability to write their own goals.
To write their own goal, students can log into the Hero app> click on Goal setting> PLP> Select a heading> ADD A NEW GOAL
then enter a description (optional)> Write the goal and click SAVE GOAL
14. Personal Learning Plan goals can be made visible to parents by navigating to the Administration menu> What can parents see? and turning on the setting Make student goals visible to parents
15. Parent scan view the goals by navigating to their child's profile then to the current year report page