The Ministry of Education requires all schools to submit a file of attendance data for each term. Hero will send this report automatically on the first Sunday after a term ends for you. As per MOE requirements, it will run again exactly six weeks later to give time for schools to make changes in response to data quality issues identified by the MOE in your initial submission.
If you wish, you are able to send it manually but only one report will be sent to the MoE for each term. You can do this directly from the Exports section of List Builder. This file can be generated for a selected term or a range of dates.
GENERATING THE TERM ATTENDANCE UPLOAD MANUALLY
1. Click on the Quick Links icon (three lines) located on the right-hand side of the screen.
2. Click on List Builder
3. Click EXPORTS
4. Click ATTENDANCE SURVEY FOR THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
5. The default is for Hero to send this report automatically for you. Ensure the slider to Automatically Upload Termly Attendance Survey at 2:00am on the Sunday following every Term is set to on (red). You can turn this off if you wish.
To send your file manually
6. Select your desired term or date range. Changing the term will use the school calendar to change the dates to match that term.
7. To check the file before sending click DOWNLOAD CSV REPORT
8. To send the file to the Ministry of Education, click SEND REPORT FOR <DATE RANGE>
9. You will be presented with a confirmation to accept. Click UPLOAD THE SURVEY
Your attendance report for the term/dates selected will be generated and automatically sent to the Ministry of Education. You will receive this notification that it is successful.
If the upload was not successful this notification will be displayed. In this situation please wait until later in the day and try again. If you receive the same notification please contact the Hero Helpdesk for support.