Note: If your school is not an NZ MOE school, the following article will apply to you. International and Independent NZ Schools - Adding or Removing a Future Absence
A Hero site administrator is able to add absence information in advance when notice of a future absence i.e. overseas holiday is received. Future absence can also be entered if a student has a regular reoccurring absence i.e. the student is away every Wednesday afternoon.
ADDING A FUTURE ABSENCE
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available.
2. Click on their pop up menu
3. Click ATTENDANCE
2. Click on ADD A FUTURE ABSENCE.
3. Select either All with range or Custom selection.
- All with range - All periods between the start date + AM or PM to the end date + AM or PM will be marked excluding closed days.
- Custom selection - a particular period on a particular day within the range will be marked. e.g. they may attend a workshop every Friday afternoon. Select the required periods by checking the boxes that apply
4. Enter the from and until dates. AM/PM at the end of the line denotes when the range starts and finishes.
5. Select the Reason from the drop down list.
6. Enter the reason for the absence in the Notes field.
7. Apply to siblings. A future absence is often for a holiday, involving the whole family. Select the siblings that need to be processed in the same way. These will be done automatically.
8. Click SAVE & ADD
REMOVING A FUTURE ABSENCE
Occasionally plans change and a future absence needs to be removed. If this is only for a few days, process each day individually by clicking the calendar and selecting - Clear Mark.
For a longer period of time use Add a Future Absence. Enter the date range that needs to be cleared and select Clear Mark as the reason for the absence. To avoid selecting this in error, it has been placed at the bottom of the code list.
Note: Leave the Note field blank in order to clear the original Note.