You can add a post wherever you see a Share something ... box in Hero. Simply click in the box to reveal the editor.
TO MAKE A POST IN HERO
1. Navigate to the student profile and click on their pop up menu
2. Select the page you wish to record your post on
Note: the names and content of pages are personalised by a school's leadership team.
3. Click on the Share something ... box or the red pencil icon in the bottom right-hand corner of
4. Add the title of your post in the Post Title field
5. Write the content of your post. The toolbar that sits above this box gives you standard formatting options and the ability to add links.
Note: If this page has a Post Template set you will see this already entered in the content for you to edit.
6. Add any attachments you want to support the post, e.g. photo, a scan of a work sample, Word file, .pdf file.
Note: For the best experience across different devices we recommend that you embed PDFs as per step 7
You can simply drag and drop files onto this box or click on the relevant icon to select files from your device.
7. Alternatively, you can embed files from your Google Drive.
This will link your Google Drive file to your Hero post. The file remains in Google Drive which means if it is edited it will update in Hero as a 'live document', or if it is removed from Drive it will also be removed from Hero. We recommend that your school uses Google Shared Drives in order to protect embedded Google files from being removed from posts if a teacher leaves.
8. Once you have added your media, click SAVE POST
9. If your school has chosen to attach current goals or tags to the page you are posting on, click NEXT
10. You will be presented with current goals or sets of tags to select from. Once you have selected the relevant goals or tags, click SAVE POST
11. All posts are initially saved as a draft. This is indicated by the orange IN DRAFT button and the bar down the left-hand side of the post
12. If your post is on a page open to families (green open lock) you can make changes to the post before publishing for students, families and whānau to read. To publish the post click the PUBLISH button
Published posts are indicated by the green PUBLISHED button and the bar down the left-hand side of the post.
13. At the bottom of the page, you will see a tag summary showing the number of times the student has had the tag selected on posts within the page