Hero is designed to be flexible to meet the varied needs of different school contexts. School site administrators can add assessments for teachers to record scores in. This article explains how to add a new assessment to your school's site.
TO ADD A NEW ASSESSMENT
1. Navigate to the Administration Menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration Menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Site Setup select Assessments
3. Here you will see a list of the assessments currently available for your school. Click the + NEW ASSESSMENT at the top right-hand side of your page
4. Enter the name of the assessment (mandatory) and a description (if you wish)
5. Choose if your students will be able to view this assessment and/or carry out self-assessment via the student app.
6. Choose if your caregivers will see this assessment if no content exists in the timeframe being displayed. This prevents caregivers viewing blank assessment overviews.
7. Choose how many columns to show to caregivers and students (a maximum of 4 has been set to ensure attractive presentation of reports).
8. Choose how many columns to show to staff to give them the comparisons they need. (maximum 12)
9. Choose what type of timeframe best suits this assessment.
Click this link to understand more about School Dates Alternative Timeframes. Setting an Alternative Assessment Timeframe
10. A grade schedule is a list of possible grades for an assessment. It might be Yes/No, 0-100, red/amber/green, etc. If your assessment requires the same grade schedule for each part (module) of the assessment, you can select the grade schedule at this point. If not, future steps will explain how to do this.
To add a grade schedule, start typing the name of a previously saved schedule to select
11. Click SAVE ASSESSMENT
12. Locate the new assessment in the list of assessments and click on the title
13. Click + NEW MODULE
14. Add the heading for the first part (module) of your assessment. Keep this short and utilise the description to provide more information.
15. Add a module description if required
16. To add an existing grade schedule, start typing the name of a previously saved schedule to select
or click + NEW GRADE SCHEDULE.
See Adding a New Grade Schedule for instructions on how to make a new grade schedule.
17. Click SAVE MODULE
18. Repeat steps 13-17 for each module you wish to add to the assessment.
19. Once you have created all the modules you require, you can rearrange these by clicking ENABLE SORTING
20. Drag the modules to the order you require
21. Once the modules are in order, click STOP SORTING
TO REARRANGE THE ORDER OF THE ASSESSMENTS
1. Click on ASSESSMENTS
2. Click ENABLE SORTING
3. Drag the assessments to the order you require
4. Once the assessments are in order, click STOP SORTING