Hero is designed to be flexible to meet the varied needs of different school contexts. School site administrators can add assessments for teachers to record scores in. This article explains how to add a new assessment to your school's site.
TO ADD A NEW ASSESSMENT
1. Navigate to the Administration Menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration Menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Site Setup select Assessments
3. Here you will see a list of the assessments currently available for your school. Click the + NEW ASSESSMENT at the top right-hand side of your page
4. Enter the name of the assessment (mandatory) and a description (if you wish)
5. A grade schedule is a list of possible grades for an assessment. It might be Yes/No, 0-100, red/amber/green, etc. If your assessment requires the same grade schedule for each part (module) of the assessment, you can select the grade schedule at this point. If not, future steps will explain how to do this.
To add a grade schedule, start typing the name of a previously saved schedule to select
6. If you wish to add post boxes to your assessment modules, turn on the Allow for the sharing of evidence in this assessment setting
If on, this option will give you a button to ADD NEW EVIDENCE under the grade schedule options on the assessment page. This allows you to add a post specific to this grade.
Note: it is not possible to have both an assessment with evidence sharing within the assessment and a share something box for posts at the bottom on the same page.
7. Click SAVE ASSESSMENT
8. Locate the new assessment in the list of assessments and click on the title
9. Click + NEW MODULE
10. Add the heading for the first part (module) of your assessment
11. To add an existing grade schedule, start typing the name of a previously saved schedule to select
or click + NEW GRADE SCHEDULE.
See Adding a New Grade Schedule for instructions on how to make a new grade schedule.
12. Click SAVE MODULE
13. Repeat steps 9-12 for each module you wish to add to the assessment.
18. Once you have created all the modules you require, you can rearrange these by clicking ENABLE SORTING
19. Drag the modules to the order you require
20. Once the modules are in order, click STOP SORTING
TO REARRANGE THE ORDER OF THE ASSESSMENTS
1. Click on ASSESSMENTS
2. Click ENABLE SORTING
3. Drag the assessments to the order you require
4. Once the assessments are in order, click STOP SORTING