Hero is designed to be flexible to meet the varied needs of different school contexts. School site administrators can add assessments for teachers to record scores in. This article explains how to edit an existing assessment in your school's site.
TO EDIT AN EXISTING ASSESSMENT
1. Navigate to the Administration Menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration Menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Site Setup select Assessments
3. Here you will see a list of the assessments currently available for your school.
TO EDIT THE NAME OR DESCRIPTION OF AN ASSESSMENT
1. Click the pencil icon next to the name of the assessment
2. Make the changes you require then click SAVE ASSESSMENT
TO CHANGE THE REPORTING DISPLAY FOR AN ASSESSMENT
1. Choose if your caregivers will see this assessment if no content exists in the timeframe being displayed. This prevents caregivers viewing blank assessment overviews.
2. Choose how many columns to show to caregivers and students (a maximum of 4 has been set to ensure attractive presentation of reports).
3. Choose how many columns to show to staff to give them the comparisons they need. (maximum 12)
4. Choose what type of timeframe best suits this assessment.
Click this link to understand more about School Dates Alternative Timeframes. Setting an Alternative Assessment Timeframe
TO EDIT OR REORDER MODULES WITHIN AN ASSESSMENT
1. Click on the name of the assessment you wish to edit
2. Here you will see a list of the assessment modules currently available for your school.
To edit a module: Click the word edit at the end of the module row, make the changes you require and click SAVE MODULE
To add a new module: Click + NEW MODULE, add the heading, add the grade schedule and click SAVE MODULE
To edit a Grade Schedule: see Editing an Existing Grade Schedule
To rearrange modules: Click ENABLE SORTING, drag the modules to the order you require then click STOP SORTING