In Hero, student groups can be associated with a single staff member, multiple staff members or shared with the whole school. They can also be categorised into Group Types, for example, Bus groups, Maths groups or Sports groups.
Utilising Group Types makes it easier for staff to locate the groups they are looking for. The Group Type is selected when a Group is created or updated but the Group Type must be set up by a site administrator first.
TO SET UP STUDENT GROUP TYPES
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the site administrator menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Options select Basic Options
3. Scroll down to Group Types
4. Enter the label for your group type. The value will default to the name entered but can be amended if required. Click the plus icon at the end of the row.
5. Once you have added all the Group Types you require, these can be reordered by clicking on the left hand blue icon and using drag and drop
TO EDIT A GROUP TYPE
Type in the Label field and click the save icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen
TO DELETE A GROUP TYPE
Click the X icon at the end of the row.
Note: Deleting a Group Type will not delete the Groups under that category