As a staff member, you are able to navigate to any groups in Hero. These groups can be in the current year or previous years.
Schools may have a large number of active groups with groups memberships ranging from 1 - 1000+ students. Because of these variances a staff member can opt to view groups and group members in either GRID VIEW or LIST VIEW. Defaults can be set per group type e.g. you may wish to see Classes in Grid View but Auto groups in List View.
TO SET GROUP DEFAULTS
1. Click on the GROUPS AND CLASSES Icon.
2. Click the group type that you wish to view.
3. Click on the view type you wish to use most often. Note: You can toggle between view types at any time.
4. If the view type selected is not already your default view, you will be provided with the option to set the view as your default. Click the MAKE <type> MY DEFAULT. This will set your preferred type as the default for this group type only.
5. There are several advantages to using LIST VIEW.
- More groups are visible at once.
- The full name of the group is clearly visible.
- Sorting can be carried out on each column.
- It is now possible to see what field Auto groups base their membership on.
- Group Attendance and Insights are available via a single click.
TO SET GROUP MEMBERSHIP DEFAULTS
Group membership looks the same for all groups as it provides a list of students in that group. As this does not vary according to group type the default set will apply to all group membership. It is possible to view the group using GRID VIEW but the group membership using LIST VIEW.
1. Navigate to the group you wish to view by clicking the group profile (GRID VIEW) or the group name or label (LIST VIEW).
2. Click on the view type you wish to use most often. Note: You can toggle between view types at any time.
3. If the view type selected is not already your default view, you will be provided with the option to set the view as your default. Click the MAKE <type> MY DEFAULT.
4. There are several advantages to using LIST VIEW for group membership.
- More students are visible at once.
- Searching is vertical rather than horizontal for easier scanning.
- Sorting and filtering allows you to narrow down your list even further.
- Totals are shown for those students matching the filters chosen.
- Options exist to DOWNLOAD AS CSV, DOWNLOAD AS EXCEL or PRINT.
- Rapid access icons exist for Student Info, Student Attendance, Student Groups and Finance