Contacts have their own set of personal information that can be updated in a similar way to updating student information.
They also contain relationship information which applies to a contact/student connection so is updated via the student.
For a more detailed understanding of contacts refer to Understanding Contacts in Hero
ADDING A NEW CONTACT TO AN EXISTING STUDENT
A new contact is added at the time a new student is accepted into Hero but can also be added at a later date.
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available
2. Click on the student Information (i) icon
3. Click on the Section heading you require
The section you are in will be displayed in blue and underlined and the fields for that section will be displayed.
4. The existing contact details will be displayed.
5. Choose whether your new contact will be a Primary Carer or an Emergency Contact. Click the relevant ADD CONTACT button.
6. Enter the Contact's email address. Go to Step 9 if an email address is not available.
7. If a match to the email address is found in your school, the existing contact will be displayed. Click SELECT to link this contact to the student being processed. Go to Step 12
8a. If a match to the email address is found in another Hero school an authority check will take place. If the email address IS connected to this family in the other school (i.e. the student has moved from the other school to your school), the contact containing this email address will be connected to this student and the following message will be displayed.
Click SELECT to add the contact to the student. Go to Step 12
8b. If a match to the email address is found in another Hero school but the email address is NOT connected to this family in the other school, then you do not have the authority to connect the contact to the student so will need helpdesk assistance. The following screen will be displayed advising that the contact does exist in another school.
Click SELECT to proceed with the authority check. If authority cannot be granted this screen will be displayed.
If the contact does not already exist on the student, click ADD AS A NEW CONTACT.... It is important that you do this step and enter the full details (excluding email address) for the contact. This will enable the Hero helpdesk team to know the most up to date details for this student when making the connection. Ensure you also add the relationship details in Step 12.
Contact the helpdesk, asking them to connect your contact with that in the other Hero school. Please provide the name of the Student, the name of the Contact and the contact email address. Go to Step 12.
9. If an email address is not available, click on THIS PERSON DOESN'T HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS.
10. You will be asked to enter the contact's first name and/or last name. You do not have to enter both and, as first names are often spelt differently, the last name may be more reliable. If any contacts in your school match this name search, you will be presented with the available matches. If your person is displayed, link to that contact using the SELECT button. Proceed to Step 12.
11. If no contact is found OR if those found do not match the person you are looking for, click ADD A NEW CONTACT. Enter all the available details for this contact. Enter the Basic Details first then click on ADDRESS to enter the address details. Click SAVE to update.
12. The relationship details screen will be displayed. Select the details that define the relationship between this contact and this student.
Ensure you scroll to the bottom of this screen and click DONE
13. The new contact will display on the student in orange.
14. Click Save
15. Click EDIT on the contact to check the details i.e occupations, phone numbers, address to ensure that the connected contact has the most up to date information.
Article is closed for comments.