Hero has been designed to hold a single record of information per person. This applies to both students and contacts. A single person may be a Contact for multiple students at one Hero school and also a Contact on students at a different Hero school. If entered effectively, that Contact will only exist once. Extensive security and privacy measures have been built into this process.
The 'key' field that identifies a Contact is that person's email address. An email address is unique to a particular person and also provides the means for accessing student information in Hero. Identifying the importance of the email address is a significant step in efficiently managing your contact information.
Contact's without email addresses will be identified using a combination of their Name, Home Phone Number and Mobile Phone number. This combination is sufficient to provide a unique identity.
Contact information has two parts:
1. Personal Information - This is the detail that relates specifically to the person. A single set of personal information should exist. The core personal information consists of:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Address Details
- Email Address
- Home Phone
- Cell Phone
- Work Phone
Help articles to assist with managing contact personal information:
2. Relationship Information - This is the detail that will vary according to the relationship this person has with a particular student e.g A person may be a parent (Primary Caregiver) on one student with access and voting rights but may be a family friend (Emergency Contact) on another student with no rights. Relationship information will exist for each contact/student combination. The core relationship information consists of:
- Contact type (Primary or Emergency contact)
- Priority (the order they will appear on that student)
- Type (e.g Mother, Father)
- Access Rights (to view student learning and receive notifications)
- Receives Text Messages
- Lives with Student
- BOT Voting Rights
Note: If a contact is to be denied access, it is vital that they are either removed from the student or the Access Rights are turned off on that contact. The email address should only be amended or removed if the information changes for that person. Bear in mind that a person may be shared with other schools.
Help articles to assist with managing relationships:
FINANCIAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION
Finance settings for a contact are held on the Finance page under Account Settings. The setting of these is covered in the Finance Guide - Managing Statement Recipients