A contact can be connected to many different students with different relationship conditions. They may be a parent of one but a relative of another. It is important to understand the contact connections before updating contact information. Hero has provided a handy feature to view the relationships that a contact has with other students. This is only relevant if a contact has an email address.
VIEW THE CONTACTS FOR A STUDENT
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available
2. Click on the student Information (i) icon
3. Click on the CONTACTS heading
4. The contacts for this student will be displayed.
5. If the contact has an email address you will see profiles for any other students who are connected to this contact via their email address.
- A solid green ring around the profile indicates that this contact can log in and view reporting information for the connected student.
- A dotted ring around the profile indicates that this contact can log in and view financials for the connected student.
7. Hover over the icon for a detailed description of the access rights.
8. If the rings highlight an error with the access rights, navigate to the connected student using the search tools available and edit the appropriate contact access fields.
9. A number in a grey circle indicates the number of students attending other Hero schools that this caregiver's Hero account is linked too.
Note: Changing the contact details of this caregiver will change the contact details in all places this contact is linked.