A contact is designated as either a 'Primary Contact' or an 'Additional / Emergency Contact'. A contact would generally be considered 'Primary' if they have Access to Student Information, Receive Text Messages or are Eligible to Vote in the BOT Elections. Contacts with none of these rights should be entered as Additional / Emergency Contacts.
It is sometimes necessary to change the importance of a contact i.e. move from Primary to Additional/Emergency or vice versa. This is done by editing the Contact Type in the relationship fields.
TO EDIT RELATIONSHIP INFORMATION
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available
2. Click on the student Information (i) icon
3. Click on the CONTACTS heading
4. The contacts for this student will be displayed.
5. Click EDIT on the contact you wish to move.
6. The Relationship fields will be displayed. Select the new Contact Type from the dropdown list and click DONE.
7. Click Save