A contact can be connected to multiple students in different ways. They can be a parent to one student and a step-parent to another. They may have voting rights for one student but not for another. These are referred to in Hero as 'relationship fields'.
Relationship fields hold the detail that will vary according to the relationship a person has with a particular student.
The core relationship information consists of:
- Contact Type (Primary or Emergency)
- Priority (the order they will appear on that student)
- Type (e.g Mother, Father)
- Access Rights (to view student learning and receive notifications)
- Receives Text Messages
- Lives with Student
- BOT Voting Rights
Note: to enable a contact to view finance data for a student see Managing Statement Recipients
TO EDIT RELATIONSHIP INFORMATION
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available
2. Click on the student Information (i) icon
3. Click on the CONTACTS heading
4. The contacts for this student will be displayed.
5. Click EDIT on the contact you wish to update.
6. The Relationship fields will be displayed. Apply your updates and click DONE.
7. Click Save