As an administrator, the day often gets so busy that you momentarily forget about the student(s) currently in the sickbay. The team at Hero has created a feature to help you keep track of who is in the sickbay, how long they have been there and why they are there.
We've gone even further, by integrating it with the students' Medical page to utilise data analysis, enable tags to be customised and provide optional caregiver viewing.
SETTING WHO CAN ACCESS THE SICKBAY FEATURE
Sickbay processes can be carried out by either Administration staff or Teaching staff. As the main process is under the Administration Menu it needs to be made available elsewhere if non-administration staff need to access it. This is controlled via a setting in your school options.
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the site administrator menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Options select Basic Options
3. Change the Teachers can access Sickbay slider to on.
4. Click Save at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
5. Teachers will now be able to access Sickbay via the Quick Links icon.
CUSTOMISING THE SICKBAY/MEDICAL ROOM VISITS PAGE
As the Sickbay or Medical Room Visits page is linked to a designated feature, it cannot be Deleted, it cannot be added to a Page Set and it must remain a Posts only page. These buttons/fields will be disabled. Other editing features will still apply.
1. Navigate to the Administration menu.
2. Under the heading Site Setup select Pages
3. Click EDIT at the right-hand side of the page relating to sickbay or medical room visits.
4. Adding a Page template to this page will populate the full description when a student is signed into the Sickbay.
SIGNING A STUDENT INTO THE SICKBAY
1. Navigate to the Administration menu or Quick Links menu (depending on your staff access).
2. You can immediately see how many students you have in sickbay.
3. Click Sickbay to view a list of all students currently in the sickbay.
4. Click ADMIT STUDENT TO SICKBAY. This button can also be found in the individual student's profile information. If the button is greyed out, this indicates that the task has been done by someone else and the student is already in the sickbay.
5. Complete the ADMIT STUDENT TO SICKBAY popup screen.
- Student - Start typing to narrow down the search or click the space bar to see all students. Select the student you wish to admit. The students medical information will be displayed.
- Checked in By (required field)- will default to the current staff member. Delete and replace if necessary.
- Treated By - will default to the current staff member. Delete and replace if necessary.
- Check in Time (required field) - will default to the current time. Overtype or click the clock to adjust the time.
- Entry Note (required field) - Enter a brief note that will be clearly visible in the table below.
- Full Entry Details - Enter more information if necessary. This along with the entry note will become the content of the post on the student's medical page.
- Tags - click the tags to indicate the nature of the admission. The tags create the ability to analyse data so using tags is a valuable tool, even if you have entered the information in the detail's box above.
6. Click SAVE to complete the admission. If SAVE is not enabled then a required field has not been entered.
7. Clicking SAVE will create a post on the student's medical page. If the page is open to caregivers the post will be In Draft and will need to be Published for the caregiver to see. Editing the sickbay entry at any time will unpublish the post. If a designated Sickbay/Medical Room page does not exist in your site the sickbay entry will still be stored in the register but without an associated post.
8. Any post created from Sickbay will be uneditable via student pages. Editing of these posts can be made via Sickbay.
PROCESSING THE STUDENTS IN THE SICKBAY
All students currently in the sickbay will appear in the sickbay list. Use the options available to filter and sort the list, edit details and release the student from the sickbay.
Filtering & Sorting
Use the filters below each column heading to quickly find a student, identify a specific tag or view entries by class, year level etc
Use the arrow beside each column heading to sort the column. The arrow will appear when the cursor is placed over the heading. By default the list is sorted by Time In.
Click the Information icon to view the Full Entry Detail.
Click the Edit icon to amend any of the entry details. This will amend the associated post on the student's medical page.
Click the Trash icon to delete the entry. This will delete the associated post on the student's medical page.
Click the Release icon to sign the student out of the sickbay.