In Hero there is the function for software administrators to add up to three coloured flags that identify a student as someone who is being tracked. This will assist teachers with ongoing monitoring of progress and achievement. These flags will remain visible until they are turned off by a site administrator. The default setting for the flags is 'Red', 'Blue' and 'Green'. A site administrator can rename these as the subjects you wish to track students for.
TO RENAME THE FLAGS FOR YOUR SCHOOL
1. Navigate to the site administrator menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the site administrator menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Options select Basic Options
3. Scroll down to see the default labels of Red, Blue and Green
4. To change the name of a label, edit the field and click the save icon on the bottom right-hand side of your screen
TO ADD TRACKING FLAGS TO A STUDENT PROFILE
1. Navigate to the student profile and click on their pop up menu
2. Click ASSESSMENT OVERVIEW
3. Here you will see the Tracking Flag options for you to select from
4. Once these have been selected, teachers will see coloured flags on the student profile in the class/group page